Monday, April 20, 2015

Fiesta Bridal Shower Cake

A fiesta themed bridal shower is one of the best ideas I think I've ever heard for a bridal shower. I had so much fun putting this cake and cupcake combo together for bride-to-be Jill, and hope she had a great day celebrating her upcoming marriage with her friends and family! 

Jill's sister and future sister-in-law planned the shower for her and selected Margarita and Mexican Chocolate as cake flavors to match the theme. Tequila infused, lime pound cake topped with tequila buttercream and sprinkled with lime zest made for deliciously pretty cupcakes decorated with a handmade mini sugar-carnation. 



Alongside those were rich, dark chocolate cupcakes stuffed with a spicy Mexican chocolate ganache filling and topped with an espresso buttercream and a handmade sugar sombrero.




The centerpiece cake was two tiered with one tier of each flavor and decorated to match the theme with buttercream mariachi ruffles and a traditional papel picado banner out of sugar. A carnation sugar flower tops the whole design off.







And a shot at the party courtesy of Jill's future sister in law...congratulations Jill!!



2 comments:

  1. Yum! I just loved this bridal shower fiesta cake and really want to taste this. My cousin is getting married quite soon at domestic garden DC wedding venues and I think this cake would be just perfect for her indoor bridal shower that I am going to host with my mom.

    ReplyDelete