Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Faves

Back at pastry school and rollin' in my next class, Individual Production Pastries. We're finally getting to experiment with garnishes, chocolate and - wait for it - LUSTER DUST, every pastry chef's sparkly best friend. All the new creative freedom has my wheels turning, and here's what I've been loving lately:

Favorite Wedding Cake: Metallic cakes


I love this new trend so much it was hard to pick just one. The metallic sheen is simple but showstopping, and I'm in love. Also...those cake plates...!!!



Favorite Birthday Cake: Candles from Miso Bakes



So fun for a birthday!

Favorite Food Trend: Dark Chocolate Almond Milk



Twice the calcium and protein of dairy milk AND I get chocolate out of the deal? You can say whatever you want, but I've convinced myself that dark chocolate almond milk is healthy.

Favorite Read: Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams at Home



I ate at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream in Nashville, TN when I was on vacation last month and it was love at first sight. When I saw she wrote a cookbook too, I could barely wait to get home to order it on Amazon. What goes better with cake than ice cream?!


Favorite Blog: 100 Layer Cake

It's a wedding and party planning blog that has sections for vendors, community members (cakelets), and DIY ideas for weddings, birthday parties, showers and more. Basically, a resource for LOTS of events that revolve around the cake, and a dream to be featured on.



No comments:

Post a Comment