Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Cake

I made this cake for my family's Christmas dinner in December. The cake is a 6" sweet potato spice cake with walnut streusel filling and brown butter frosting (absolutely killer...). I made a cupcake version back in October to debut new seasonal flavors that I had been experimenting with. Both are delicious, but this cake made an excellent centerpiece to our holiday table! The snowflakes are made from tempered chocolate that I piped out by hand onto wax paper and let harden The sides of the cake are accented with chopped walnut, and those are pretty rosettes on top. Inside, there's four layers of cake and three layers of filling; the standard anatomy of one of my cakes. This is the perfect size and design for a winter bridal shower, brunch, family gathering or birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment