Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Winter Wedding Cake Tasting

Tastings are honestly one of my favorite parts of my job. I love talking designs, flavors and wedding plans, not to mention it usually means I get to reconnect with an old friend too.This particular cake has had me excited from day one. New Year's  is one of my favorite holidays and Winter is my favorite season. I've always wanted to do a wedding cake for that time of year. The wedding has mostly winter-y details, which we incorporated in her cake down to the flavor. Here is a sneak peek of the tasting we did a few weeks ago in Northern Virginia:

From left to right/top to bottom: Spice cake with cinnamon cream cheese filling, vanilla bean cake with vanilla buttercream filling and chocolate bourbon cake with homemade caramel mousse filling. The cupcakes are chocolate bourbon with espresso buttercream and confetti cake with champagne buttercream.


Tastings with me are design consults too. I did six mini sketches for Susanne and Kevin, showcasing all the different ideas I had for their cake. They wanted to go more 'winter' than 'New Year's' with the design elements of their wedding, so I did a lot with snowflakes, icicles, beading and texture.




Stay tuned for their wedding cake this New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment