Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Black and White Anniversary Cake

Yin and yang, chocolate and vanilla, Christian and Ally. Opposites attract! Check out this fun and classy black and white cake I made for my friend Christian to surprise his girlfriend on their two-year anniversary. The cake was split down the middle chocolate and vanilla, inside and out. It was dark chocolate cake layered with dark chocolate mousse on one side, and white cake layered with white chocolate mousse on the other. I iced it with vanilla and chocolate buttercream and then poured chocolate ganache on top so it was dripping down the sides. Hand piped white and dark chocolate hearts top it off. It turned out to be one of my favorite cakes, and as aesthetically pleasing and opposite as Christian and Ally themselves :-) Lots of pics because I liked it so much:


The naked cake




Hand piped chocolate hearts


Finished product!







A shot of the insides

No comments:

Post a Comment