Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cake Tasting: Mark+Cassie

This weekend I had a cake tasting with Mark and Cassie for their June wedding. They may just be one of my most favorite bride and grooms ever, and I'm so excited they picked me to make their wedding cake! The theme of their wedding is 'lemon and lime' which was a lot of fun to brainstorm for... pay a visit to my pinterest to see more inspiration behind this cake.

As I mentioned in my previous post about cake tastings, Mark and Cassie got to pick three different cake and filling combinations. The flavors they picked were vanilla-bean cake filled with homemade whipped cream and fresh berries, vanilla-bean chocolate chip cake with chocolate raspberry ganache filling and vanilla-lime cake filled with lemon curd. They had three 4-inch cakes to taste, marked on top by a dollop of what flavor was inside:









The lemon and lime cake went with their theme perfectly and was the clear winner with both of them. Although, a great perk to booking with me is that you don't have to choose! You can have as many different flavors in your final cake as you have tiers. Your guests will definitely appreciate the variety as well. After the tasting came the design part of the consultation. I presented them with five different sketches to use as a base to build their cake design, and an idea for their topper:





They picked design #1 with the lemon/lime bride and groom topper and double sized middle tier with filigree. Their wedding will be around 175 which definitely requires four tiers, and the final cakes will be a 14", two 10" and a 6". Congrats Mark and Cassie and I can't wait to be a part of your wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment